Here are some common Physician Retention questions we hear:
- Do you consult with hospitals? And if yes, who? Yes, we do. We keep these hospital’s names confidential at this time.
- Should I do an eNPS® for my hospital? Yes. How will you ever know if doctors are happy working there? But you need a third-party to do it and it must be anonymous.
- Why not just use our own Human Resources people to help us with all of this? I recommend reading the book as we have a whole chapter on this.
- If we lose doctors, then we can just replace them with NPs and PAs, right? Hardly. Education and training natter. This is NOT to say that physician-led teamwork using NPs and PAs is not critical. That being said, you CANNOT replace physicians with lesser trained non-physicians. See this site for more information.
- Why not use a recruiting company? Reread what you just asked. Recruiting company. If they were successful in retention, then they would be out of business.
- Why is it important for a doctor to be behind Physician Retention Specialists? Doctors know other doctors. You want someone who has been in the shoes of those you are trying keep. It is about trust.